An introduction to knitting lace for intermediate knitters.
Two 2 hour classes led by an experienced knitter.
This class is for knitters who know basic knitting techniques, including increasing and decreasing. Advanced beginners, intermediate and experienced knitters will all be fine.
You’ll begin by knitting a test swatch from a chart, which will include a variety of lace techniques.
- Reading a chart
- Using stitch markers to keep track of your pattern repeats
- Combining visible increases and decreases to create open work
We’ll also discuss choosing yarn for lace knitting, blocking finished projects, tools for lace, and reading your work.
Over the two weeks we’ll guide you through knitting two swatches of lace using various techniques, helping you develop the confidence to embark on your own lace projects.
What we’ll provide you with:
- Stitch markers
What you’ll need to bring along:
- 50 grams of a light, smooth 8ply yarn
- 4mm needles
- A pen or pencil to take notes.
- Please bring your needles and yarn, or what you’ve made with them, to class every week.
You’ll get a paper copy with instructions for all the techniques covered in class.