AN INTRODUCTION TO KNITTING FAIR ISLE
Two 2 hour classes led by an experienced knitter.
This class is for knitters who are comfortable casting on, knitting, purling and casting off. Advanced beginner, intermediate, and experienced knitters will all be fine.
You’ll begin by knitting a Fair Isle sample in 2-3 colours.
- Choosing suitable yarns and colours
- Traditional methods of using two colours at a time
- Reading charts
- Knitting flat or in the round
- Even tension in stranded colorwork
Over the course of two weeks you’ll be guided through knitting a swatch of various Fair Isle patterns to give you the confidence to embark on your own project.
What we’ll provide you with:
- Stitch markers
What you’ll need to bring along:
- A pen or pencil to take notes.
- Three contrasting colours of 8ply 100% wool (Not slippery yarn)
- 4mm needles
You’ll receive a handout with instructions for the techniques covered in class.